On the canvas of the sky paint the picture of your dreams
Dreams like the frames hanging on the wall that screams
Here's your chance, here's lies your dream
Yes my friend ......you are the start's brightest beam
Everyone has a journey undefined. Everyone has a story
untold. Belonging to the same category I too had story marked with endless
cries and lighten by the flicker of hopes. A journey so long. A journey so
unknown……
With parents' concerned doubts and friends' shocking
statements, I proceeded. Proceeded where my heart lies. Took the step which was
not easy but was guided by the spirit inside.Board result had not brought any
surprises to me. Landing an 87% that too in commerce stream had surely not
given me any reason to distribute sweets.
But I was not
disheartened even. I wanted to pursue Journalism and I knew once this dream
will be fulfilled the board result will be as stale as an old beer. High
cutoffs with abolition of BJMC entrance examination in Delhi University was
another shock. The days were restless with darkness in every corner of my
future. Repenting about the careless attempt of the IP university BJMC entrance
exam did not help much.
Then came the red
letter day. The day when my admission in MBICEM was confirmed. It came like the
flicker of light in the darkest of the tunnels. I was happy as I had already
climbed the first rung of the straight ladder goes to my dreams.
Being the Steve Jobs friend in school, BMS was the best
future opportunity I had. LSR welcomed me with open arms for Philosophy honours.But
I, I had chosen the path of my dreams .I had chosen MY DREAM course over the
branded college.I had chosen the road less traveled.
With engineers all
around in the family, my father was not sure about my future in this field. my
Mother was concerned about the kind of humiliation journalists have to face.
With no personal doubts about my choice of course and college I proceeded.
MBICEM? sorry? Is that your reaction too? Being honest I
too had disowned it the moment I had seen it. With building so small and campus
nowhere to be found, correspondence was my choice. Being exposed to numerous opportunities and
daily competitions in school, the mere thought of functions being conducted in small
rooms made me shiver. Habitual of the big stages and huge audience, I doubted my mere survival in the college.
Finally entering the old tattered building with doubts hanging
in every corner of its small building I begin with another phase of the journey
so remarkable. Days passed and the
opportunities rolled by. Today, almost after two and a half months I know what
I have experienced. I know what my decision of taking admission in MBICEM has
given me. I know how lucky I am to be placed in this college. Today, I know what I am going to carry with myself while walking out of this temple of knowledge after three years.It has truly proved to be an angle in disguise.
After all hamara college konsa LSR se kam hai yar........!!
Considering myself as lucky as no one on earth, I
sometimes wonder that how much I have been made for this course. With
creativity my passion I fit in the course just like a missing puzzle piece. I
came in with the dream to become a news anchor. As the wheels of time move on
and I am coming in touch with the different opportunities it holds, it makes me
realize that what I knew about BJMC was just like a little drop in the vast
ocean. Be it a print media or electronics, becoming a writer or a graphic
designer, creating new advertisements or writing a radio show. Everything from
A to Z makes me awestruck and calls me to become a part of it. This equally
makes my choice tougher in selecting the most appropriate field for myself.
Good salary package and the enormous fame were always on
my dream list. But beyond all these fancy things, lies a real dream. A dream
that makes the very purpose of my living. Being a journalism student, I
understand the responsibility and integrity the job of a journalist holds.
After ten years, I picture myself as an agent of change. I want the world to
say "She is the one because whom we are living a better life ".








No comments:
Post a Comment